Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:45:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ralf,

I started to work on the stuff ! I need it to function ! I saw
in the TODO list that a problem was already mentioned :

1. Sysematically removing extension when building style file
generates a lack in one to one correspondance between styles
and files. Example in the TODO list is "example.tex" and
"example.dtx" or something like that which will both generated
a "example" named style !

2. Personally I encounter problem with complex file hierarchy
where files might share the same name but belonging to separate
directories. Here again with the yet implemented style-system,
they will generate the same style name moreover stored in the
same .el file located in the masterdir/auto directory. It
produces completely crazy overriding !

In fact there appears to me that there are at least two
problems that should solved : style naming, and style storing
which are not totally disjoint but not totally equal ! Thus we
have to take care then on the style retrieving question which
is closely related to the two problems above !

If you see things to add to my list above please tell : before
trying to do something it's generally better to know what to do
!