[AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 19:17:33 +0200

Hi,

there is now some support for SyncTeX in AUCTeX.  You can enable the
respective minor mode with `C-c C-t C-y' or the respective TeXing option
in the Command menu.  You will need to have a recent TeX engine with
SyncTeX support and the synctex executable in path.  (Perhaps we should
check for that when the user tries to enable the mode.)

There is currently only support for forward search because I am not
aware of a viewer for X11 which supports SyncTeX.  (And I will not boot
into Windows to test with Sumatra PDF.)

I expect the new code to have some rough edges which need to be smoothed
out, so please test it and let me know if you find a bug.  (I expect
problems when one tries to mix Source Specials mode, SyncTeX mode and
synchronization with pdfsync.  There is no logic yet to prevent this.)

--
Ralf