[AUCTeX-devel] Re: pstricks.el

From: Holger Sparr
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: pstricks.el
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:21:03 +0000 (UTC)

Ralf Angeli <angeli <at> caeruleus.net> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2009-01-21) writes:
>
> > How shall we proceed with regard to putting pstricks.el in?  Holger, do
> > you want to have CVS write access, or would you prefer it if somebody
> > else placed the code into the repository?  If there are frequent changes
> > and/or bug fixes, it makes most sense if the person doing the work is
> > also the one checking it in.

I am happy to see that pstricks.el is going to be part of AUCTeX.

I can do the check in myself. On the other hand I can not imagine frequent
changes since I did not modify the code for quite a while.

I have several other style files for different pstricks extensions I would like
to add to the repository too.

So whatever serves best is fine with me.

> Before checking it in we should do a basic review.  Glancing over it I
> saw the following issues:

I would appreciate your comments to the code.

> * Lines are too long
> * `C-c <letter>' key bindings violate major mode conventions

Where can I get information about general coding conventions?

> * There is a lot of interning going on (I haven't checked why and if
>   this is really necessary)

Just ask and I will try to remember.