[AUCTeX-devel] main file, include, dvi gets name of include file not mai

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] main file, include, dvi gets name of include file not main
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:50:59 +0100

Hello

Please consider the following minimal example, called haupt.tex

\documentclass{article}

%\includeonly{teil1}
\begin{document}
\include{teil1}
\include{teil2}
\end{document}

Running latex on that file results in a dvi called haupt.dvi.

However I would like to have the name either teil1.dvi or teil2.dvi (of
course I can later rename the file but I wanted to do it directly).

Following an advice from the german tex group the following works from
the command line:
latex -jobname=teil1
'\includeonly{teil1}\edef\jobname{\detokenize{haupt}}\input{haupt}'

However, I don't see an easy way to have that functionality
included by modifying the TeX-run-command list.

I can write a function LaTeX-run-main-different-name but it is ugly
contains too many read-string etc.
Somebody has an idea.

Uwe Brauer