Re: [AUCTeX-devel] def-commands in style

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] def-commands in style
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:39:56 +0100

* Mads Jensen (2011-02-04) writes:

> I found a few cases of "\def" (epsf.el, dinbrief.el and letter.el) in
> the style-files. I think it's a better practice to use \renewcommand
> instead;

I've corrected this in style/letter.el.  In style/dinbrief.el I could
not find any use of \def.  And style/epsf.el is a candidate for
deletion, so I'm not sure it makes much sense to invest much work in
it.  (One would need to let it insert \def in plain TeX mode and
\renewcommand in LaTeX mode.)

> "texdoc l2tabuen" explains why.

If you look at the list of contributors to l2tabu it should become
obvious why it is not really necessary to reference the document here.

--
Ralf