Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-env-document

From: Mads Jensen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-env-document
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 20:27:46 +0100

On 2013-01-02 13:27, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>> I have one more suggestion for `LaTeX-env-document': prevent
>> documentclass from being inserted, if there's already one present in the
>> file.  At least I find it somewhat annoying to be prompted for it.
>
> That's a better idea than omitting the document environment as you've
> suggested in your other mail.

Yes. The other one was a bit redundant, I admit.

> Some comments:
>
>   - The \documentclass macro doesn't need to start a line.

I took the regular expression from `LaTeX-env-contents'.  This may need
to be tweaked as well?

>   - A commented \documentclass shouldn't prevent it being inserted.
>
>   - The regex is a bit too lax, e.g., maybe someone has a
>     \documentclasssetup, which would also be matched by your regex.
>
> You might want to have a look at `LaTeX-current-environment' wrt. the
> comment stuff.

Thank you for the comments.  I've made attempts at getting this to work,
and I have a basic thing working (with a better regular expression, that
was tested on a few random strings), but I'm somewhat in doubt of all
the tests done in LaTeX-current-environment, and whether I can't just
check for `TeX-in-commented-line' (this is what I currently just do, and
it appears to work quite well)?  In particular, I'm confused about what
syntactic comments are.  A very small example would be highly appreciated.

Tasilo: You missed to add me in the CC to your reply to listings.diff
I'll write back with a ChangeLog entry in the weekend, and will fix the
couple of things that I noticed were wrong in the patch (newlines, and a
"" inside TeX-add-symbols).
--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards,
Mads Jensen