Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patches and enumerate.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Patches and enumerate.el
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:26:51 +0100

Mads Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mads,

> I have made some new style files for some packages, including cleveref
> and enumerate.  It's enjoyable to code them, and a nice way to learn
> some emacs lisp :-)

In order for me to handle your contributions, please send every new
style or patch-set for a certain cause (including the relevant ChangeLog
entry) as a separate mail.  Then I can simply mark every new mail as
TODO and work on it separately.

> I previously sent memoir.el some weeks ago, but think it was
> overlooked, so I'm resubmitting it.

No, it's not overlooked.  I simply had no time to test it so far.  (You
didn't actually resubmit it.  Is the last version still ok?)

> I get an error about char-or-string-p when running enumerate.el, and
> I'm not sure why.  I wanted to experiment a bit with
> LaTeX-after-insert-env-hooks, and am well aware that adding an
> optional argument in a new definition would override the previous
> definition.  I didn't find emacs's debug information particular
> helpful.

Hm, I can reproduce that, and currently I don't understand the error,
too.  It's something like

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument char-or-string-p nil)
  TeX-argument-insert("a)" t)
  (progn (TeX-argument-insert fmt t))

when I provided "a)" as format for items.  Why in hell does the call to
TeX-argument-insert signal that error?  Where does the nil come from?  I
mean, how can a call signal anything except for
wrong-number-of-arguments?  That's strange.

Bye,
Tassilo