[AUCTeX-devel] [sr #108411] Enable commit mails including diffs for GNU

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [sr #108411] Enable commit mails including diffs for GNU AUCTeX
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 01:48:15 +0000

Okay.  Let me tinker something together for you.

In CVS this is fully supported natively.  In git this isn't as nice since git
supports only one hook out of the box.  (Did I actually say that git wasn't as
nice as cvs?  No one is more shocked than myself!)  The git hook has stdin
piped into it and the script interprets it.  Therefore to run multiple hooks
you need to save off stdin into a temporary file and then hand it to each hook
script in turn.  Or the equivalent.  And to try to keep from breaking things I
will need to test in a victim location.  So please give me just a little bit
of tinker time to get it all tested and implemented.  Again this would be
useful for other projects too.

I looks to me like someone already tried to set up multiple hook scripts for
the auctex project.  The existing hook script was calling run-parts on a .d
subdirectory.  It worked because there was only one script in the .d
directory.  But it would not have worked if there were two.  Or rather the
second one would not have gotten any of the normal expected input.  Pretty
sure anyway. :-)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108411>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/