[AUCTeX-devel] Update babel.el

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Update babel.el
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:32:02 +0100

Hi list,

last April, a new version of `babel' has been released:
http://www.tex-tipografia.com/babel_news.html (and the new maintainer
seems to be an AUCTeX user: http://tex.stackexchange.com/q/50758/31416
)  For our parsing purposes, the most relevant news I spotted are:
- the default language may be set with the `main' option;
- [quoting from the manual] the basic behaviour of some languages can
be modified when loading `babel' by means of modifiers.  They are set
after the language name, and are prefixed with a dot (only when the
language is set as package option [...]).  An example is [...]:
  \usepackage[latin.medieval,spanish.notilde.lcroman,danish]{babel}
- a bunch of new package options has been added.

The attached patch updates `style/babel.el' accordingly.  In particular:
- `LaTeX-babel-language-list' has been expanded to contain all the
languages listed in the last version of the manual;
- `LaTeX-babel-active-languages' has been updated to be able to parse
the `main' option and ignore the modifiers;
- `LaTeX-babel-package-options' has been turned into a function
because now requires `TeX-read-key-val'.

Any comments?  Can I install the patch?

Bye,
Mosè