Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [MaC?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [MaC?
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 15:27:09 +0200

>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:

   > Hi Uwe,

   > Anyway, in the news for the 11.88 there will be an extensive list of new,
   > changed, and removed customizable variables, to help people upgrade from
   > previous versions.

Ok.

   >> So it boils down to this: which configuration (viewer) should be used
   >> for Mac?

   > Are you talking about the viewer or of the best value of
`TeX-source-correlate-
   > method'?  In the development version of AUCTeX there has been this change
http:
   > //git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/?
   > id=1d0d1ac642e1acc6db859458dfcb7a151d657ac1 which sets the default Mac OS
   > viewers.
A bit of both I think.

In (K)ubuntu I ran latex (with correlation mode turned-on) and xdvi
is the default viewer,
when I use pdflatex synctex is used and ocular. So inverse and forward
search work both  fine.

But if I want to do something like this on a Mac (say using Macports and
having texlive installed.), it is not clear to me:

which viewers should I use and are these viewers, okular, evince or skim
in any way  pre-configured by the auctex setting?

Uwe