Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Xemacs+newest git version:

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Xemacs+newest git version:
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:25:16 +0200

>>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:
>
>    > 2014-07-20 12:04 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:
>
> [snip]
>

>    > `TeX-source-correlate-method' set to `auto' let
>    > `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' choose the right method and
>    > this function, unchanged since 2012-08-14 (checked with git blame),
>    > just verify whether `latex --help' output has a `-synctex' entry or
>    > not.  We have the same version of TeX Live, why
>    > `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' should return different
>    > methods?  Are you really sure `M-:
>    > (TeX-source-correlate-determine-method) RET' returns `source-specials'
>    > for you, in DVI mode?
>

> It returns for the patched 11.87 version indeed
> `source-specials'

Can you issue `edebug-defun' on
`TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' and rerun
`TeX-source-correlate-determine-method'?  I really can't understand
why it should return `source-specials' to you.  Doing this with both
AUCTeX 11.87 and git version would be nice :-)

> In the git version it returns
> `synctex'

Which is what I expect, given your TeX distribution.

> I still don't understand why strictly speaking autex-git is not
> backwards compatible, since I did not change anything in my setting.

I have to repeat again that `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method'
(the function called when `TeX-source-correlate-determine-method' is
set to `auto') is backward compatible since it hasn't been changed
since 2012-08-14, before AUCTeX 11.87 was released.

Bye,
Mosè