Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:49:00 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

>> But just that I have no use for a feature doesn't mean it's bad, of
>> course.  If it's useful for you and possibly others, then I'm fine
>> with just not customizing it and getting the behavior I'm used to.
>
> Ok, patch just installed!  Thank you.

Oh, now I have some minor suggestions:

  1. `LaTeX-label' is also called when doing C-c C-s to create a new
     section, so the black/whitelists can also contain the names of
     sectioning commands ("part", "chapter", "section",...)
     The docs should mention that.

  2. Wrt. 1, what if I want labels in a paragraph environment but not
     for a \paragraph{} section?

  3. I think the name `LaTeX-auto-insert-label' isn't that good.  All
     other LaTeX-auto-* variables and functions are concerned with the
     auto parser, so I tend to reserve that prefix for them.  Just
     stripping the "auto" would be as fine as it is now.

Bye,
Tassilo