Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Manage auto insertion of labels
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:23:13 +0200

>> "Mos" == Mos  <Mos> writes:
Hi,

   > Hi list,
   > `LaTeX-label' function always inserts labels, but I don't like this
   > behavior since I want to automatically add labels for some but not all
   > environments.

Now I am curious. I insert a numerate environment if I want to refer to
and therefore I insert a label. What is the benefit of not having a
label.

Moreover I use reftex widely, with the setting

(setq reftex-insert-label-flags '("s" nil))

(setq reftex-label-alist
                '(("equation"  ?e "eq:%f:" "~(\\ref{%s})" t

Then reftex excellent navigation never let me down and I easily insert
the reference I want even in long documents. That is why I want to know
why you dislike to insert a label, especially given that you can use
displaymath instead of equations for example.

Uwe