Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [RFC] Add new TeX-file-line-error option

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [RFC] Add new TeX-file-line-error option
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 17:37:10 +0100

Hi Davide,

> Hello developers,
>
> I would like to have file:line:error style error messages on by default
> in Debian without asking users to customize
> "/etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf", therefore I wrote the attached patch.
>
> This is a known issue that has been already discussed here many times,
> also recently, (see also FAQ number eight); if you deem it acceptable, I
> could apply it upstream as well (I have write access to Savannah).

Thanks!  As you probably already read on our mailing-lists, it seems
MiKTeX's latex gives a less informative log when called with
-file-line-error (see http://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/2310/).
I'd like to have confirmation on this from MiKTeX users.  Anyway, with
your patch they can easily switch off the "file:line:error" or we can
discuss on the default value of the variable later, but the patch is
overall fine with me.

Bye,
Mosè