Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Implementing TeX-update
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 00:29:45 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Regarding testing.  I think `LaTeX-command-run-all-section' should
>>> check if it's on a LaTeX document, for example in a plain tex document
>>
>> Fixed, and also for LaTeX-command-section.
>
> May I ask you why in `TeX-command-sequence' you funcall
> `TeX-command-sequence-file-function' with `nondirectory' argument set
> to t (line 645 of tex-buf.el)?

I noticed that `TeX-command-run-all' sometimes didn't "run all" but
jumped straight to the View step when applied to the current section or
region although I had edited the text in there.  `TeX-command-region'
did not have that problem and correctly suggested to run LaTeX.  Well,
and the only difference between `TeX-command-region' and
`TeX-command-run-all' was that the former used the NONDIRECTORY argument
for computing the file name to give to `TeX-command-default', and doing
the same in `TeX-command-sequencethat' "fixed" the issue.

> This breaks `TeX-command-sequence' run from included files placed in
> directories different from `TeX-master-directory'!!

Ups, I'm sorry!  Well, then I should investigate why
`TeX-command-default' guesses a different (wrong) command when the
region is given with a path...

Bye,
Tassilo