Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt

From: Carlos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 23:36:41 -0400

Hello Mosè. How's everything?

Mosè, probably needs the function, and the parser.

You asked "what's wrong with ConTeXt Full?".

I guess nothing is wrong, if the document was compiled with it a while
ago.

I also think that if ("context full") returns an error such as "no
more errors", when there are errors, something is not right.

I'm not quite sure either, how far back, is mark iv compatible with
it. I wouldn't put all the eggs in a basket.

I know you don't like elimination of code. And you have made your
position about it, clear enough.

Fine. But I don't see why a "mark iv"definition in auctex, is not
added.

I don't see, regardless whether a parser is needed or not, why, for
example, one can't make use of goto-char or goto-line and work around
it.

I guess I only see why this fails, if and only if, a document compiles
successfully.

Because then the position in the buffer is off limits. But I don't see
why not to make use of chars and lines, when errors occur throughout the
document. Yes, of course, it depends on the contents, the number of
files loaded in the document, etc. Because say for example, char 2015
varies throughout the buffer. It depends in the aforementioned lines of
the file itself. Same thing with line 30, 40, or whatever.

          (TeX-pop-to-buffer buffer t t)
          (bury-buffer buffer)
          (goto-char (prefix-numeric-value 2015))

          (TeX-pop-to-buffer buffer t t)
          (bury-buffer buffer)
          (goto-line (prefix-numeric-value 30))

Anyhow....

I don't even know why I thought about it, when I should just be content
with, and that's it.

Have a good one Mosè, I appreciate your quick reply.