Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-fill-region-as-paragraph: each sentence starts

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-fill-region-as-paragraph: each sentence starts in a new line
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 02:47:33 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> A couple of questions and suggestions:
>
>     -  could anyone with knowledge of the original
>        LaTeX-fill-region-as-paragraph try to implement  this feature
>        without using defadvice.

What's the problem with `defadvice'?  It's actually pretty useful
because it doesn't shadow future changes to the advised function.

>     -  if not, could that code be included, although it uses defadvice.
>        Of course if would then be necessary to ask for permission and to
>        convince the author to sign the relevant FSF papers [1], which I
>        could try to do, if the maintainer think the code should be
>        included.

While I think this can be a valuable feature (but I don't use it), I'm
not completely persuaded we should have it in AUCTeX.  Moreover, I
don't think it's specific to *TeX files but can be applied to other
plain text-like files.

Bye,
Mosè