Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Questions about cleveref.el

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Questions about cleveref.el
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 00:13:54 +0100

Hi Arash,

> Hi all,
>
> I've just fixed 2 typos in cleveref.el and 2 things occurred to me if
> you're a `C-c RET' centric, RefTeX-plugged-into-AUCTeX user:
>
> 1) This style uses `TeX-arg-label' and not `TeX-arg-ref'.  It means an
>    extra RET in the "SELECT A REFERENCE FORMAT" window, which is useless
>    since you've already selected a format.

You're right, `TeX-arg-ref' should be used here.

> 2) `TeX-arg-cleveref-multiple-labels' does not let you use RefTeX to
>    select label(s) which is much more convenient.
>
> Item 1) is fixed easily, 2) should also be doable with a check againt
> `reftex-label' and such.  My question is if there was a particular
> reason to implement the code this way?

Can `reftex-label' query for more than one label?  I had a similar
problem in biblatex: there are macros taking more than one reference,
but this isn't particularly easy to do with RefTeX, so I defined a
hand-made function (`LaTeX-arg-biblatex-cites').

> And I think `(font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords)' in the fontification
> part is also not needed.

Because there are no verbatim like macros, right?  I think you're right.

While looking to clevere.el, I remembered that in tex-style.el is
defined a custom option, `LaTeX-reftex-ref-style-auto-activate', that
controls whether a RefTeX reference style (for \ref & friends) should
be automatically enabled.  Maybe you could define a similar option (t
by default) for \cite & friends, to be used for example in biblatex.

Bye,
Mosè