Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-math-mode + isearch

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] LaTeX-math-mode + isearch
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 10:24:50 -0500

Antoine Levitt writes:

I got very used to LaTeX-math-mode, and naturally use it when I make an isearch, but it doesn't work there. To be clear, the desired behavior is that C-s ` a searches for \alpha. My naive attempts at making this work (ie (add-hook 'isearch-mode-hook 'latex-math-mode)) have not been successful. Any pointers?

Hi, Antoine. You probably want to add the whole LaTeX-math-keymap to ` in the isearch-mode-map:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(define-key isearch-mode-map (LaTeX-math-abbrev-prefix) LaTeX-math-keymap)
#+END_SRC

Although I am not sure with isearch if this will work as it has a rather complicated mode-map. Also probably you might want to do that only if the isearch is coming from LaTeX file.

Best,
--
Jorge.