Re: Output to directory patch

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Output to directory patch
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 08:38:01 +0100

>>> "MG" == Mosè Giordano <mose@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
> for the record I tried to work on this back in 2013:
> https://github.com/giordano/auctex/commit/9c0eb5d4f2f82f4ff22683ef218727b6a45ae54d
> (I believe this was based on a previous attempt by Ralf Angeli, but I
> can't find a reference for this).  I'm pretty sure I didn't push this
> forward because I faced some fundamental challenges that would have
> made the functionality only half-baked.  Probably Keita identified
> some of those issues.

That is interesting. I am using Al's patch since September with
latex/pdflatex/xelatex and it works very nicely, it might not cover all
use cases, but I think once he fixes preview it *should be* included,
maybe with a variable to easily toggle it on and off, so that for cases
where it might fail, it is does not cause any headaches.

Uwe