Re: Output to directory patch

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Output to directory patch
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 19:13:45 +0900

Hi Al,

>>>>> Al Haji-Ali <abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com> writes:

> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/haji-ali/auctex/tex-build-only/etc/auctex-output-dir.patch

I tried the updated patch. There is still a regression in `TeX-clean',
which I guess existed in earlier version of your patch:
`TeX-clean' includes region files, such as _region_.log and _region_.pdf,
as its targets explicitly so that "C-c C-c Clean" and "C-c C-c Clean
All" can clean the relavant files altogether. However, now C-c C-c Clean
(All) doesn't count region files as its target.

> I also greatly simplified/clarified the implementation in
> TeX-master-file which I hope will increase reliability.

Though there are still cross dependency between `TeX-master-file' and
`TeX-master-output-dir', I think they are just formal ones and doesn't
cause infinite loop.

However, the complication involving `TeX-command-file-function' still
remains. I prefer that they are sorted out.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita