Re: AUCTeX and menu bar

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and menu bar
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:10:21 +0200

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <ikumi@ikumi.que.jp> writes:

> Indeed. After I disabled preview-latex in my init.el and customized
> `LaTeX-enable-toolbar' to nil in order to suppress loading tex-buf,
> accessing `Command' menu causes that error.

Sorry for my late response and thanks for checking.  Indeed, I don't
have preview-latex enabled in my init file, so that was not necessary
for me, but I have `LaTeX-enable-toolbar' set to t (default) and got the
error, strange, but I didn't check.

>> I think we should move the definition of `TeX-parse-all-errors' into
>> tex.el,
>
> I think that's the standard prescription.

This is what I did for now.  I will also add
`TeX-check-engine-add-engines' to autoloads in tex.el.  This function is
used in some styles and currently these styles require tex-buf.el if
necessary.  I think style file shouldn't do this.  I put that on my list
:-)

Best, Arash