Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Font lock is slow for large doctex document
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:13:33 +0900

Hi Florent,

> I took the two files posted by Arash. After line 47 of dtx-test.dtx:

> %    \end{macrocode}

> I inserted this:

> % Test:
> % \begin{equation}
> %%
> %% comment about the following equality
> %%
> %   x^{2}+y^{2} = z^{2}
> % \end{equation}

> When I compile this modified .dtx file with pdflatex (see the attached
> file), I get:

> ! Missing $ inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                 $
> l.50 %%

> ?

> Line 50 is the one following the above \begin{equation}. So, it seems to
> me that the '%%' (line 50) became a blank line when producing the
> documentation, which triggered the expected error since it was
> encountered in math mode. Do you experience otherwise?

Ah, thank you very much. It helped me a lot. I didn't notice that the
line
\DocInput{dtx-test.dtx}
specifies the self file name and tested my modified file under another
file name! How stupid I am.

Now I realize that my example is invalid in docTeX document, I'll commit
a fix for texmathp.el incorporating Arash's suggestion unless someone
else objects.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita