Wrong enumeration in HTML manual

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Wrong enumeration in HTML manual
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 10:28:42 +0100

Hi all,

an enumeration in the HTML manual[1] looks odd:

Here is how to do that in W2000/XP:

  1.
  2. On the desktop, right click “My Computer” and select properties.
  3. Click on “Advanced” in the “System Properties” window.
  4. Select “Environment Variables”.
  5. Select “path” in “System Variables” and click “edit”. Move to the
     front in the line (this might require scrolling) and add the
     missing path including drive letter, ended with a semicolon.

Note the first empty item.  The PDF version looks Ok though.  This is
the relevant source from wininstall.texi:

Here is how to do that in W2000/XP:

@enumerate
@cindex Adding to @env{PATH} in Windows
@cindex @env{PATH} in Windows
@item
On the desktop, right click ``My Computer'' and select properties.
@item
Click on ``Advanced'' in the ``System Properties'' window.
@item
Select ``Environment Variables''.
@item
Select ``path'' in ``System Variables'' and click ``edit''.  Move to the
front in the line (this might require scrolling) and add the missing
path including drive letter, ended with a semicolon.
@end enumerate

I'm not good with Texinfo, but I wonder if moving the @cindex commands
before the @enumerate would help.  Or does it need other magic?

Best, Arash