Re: Syntax propertize in font-latex

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Syntax propertize in font-latex
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 20:09:00 +0900

Hi Tassilo,

> I'm not sure I've actually separated the unrelated changes from the fix
> for the issue at hand but it looks much more complex, doesn't it?

Yes. Rather complex because regexp back reference isn't available.

> IMO, that the tests fail is just an artifact of the tests running in
> batch mode which will never happen in any real editing context.  So I
> wouldn't want to jump though hoops to fix the tests.  Maybe the simplest
> fix could be to add an advice

>   (define-advice LaTeX-mode (:after ())
>     (font-lock-ensure))

> so that our tests can be sure font-lock has been done after LaTeX-mode
> has been activated.

I see. Of couse that's much simpler.

> FWIW, the following patch fixes all tests.

Looks good.

By the way, in the commit ab3bfaf1, the entry for
`syntax-propertize-function' in `font-latex-setup' is no longer
necessary IIUC, because `font-latex-setup' calls
`font-latex-set-syntactic-keywords' at its beginning.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine