Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: reftex-view-crossref seems not to work for external documents
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 13:47:29 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Sorry, I don't understand what you describe.  I can run pdflatex on
> the file attached and they work for me as expected.  FTR, you define
> labels like \label{E:EULERPOISSON} in your files, and you reference them
> like \ref{E:EULERPOISSON} in that file.  If you want to reference that
> label in an external file, say main.tex, you do \ref{A-E:EULERPOISSON}
> in main.tex.

First, it seems not to work for me, but again, I deleted all aux files
recompiled and now can confirm that
with
%% % Option2
\externaldocument[A-]{file1} % <==
\externaldocument[B-]{file2} % <==

In the main file and the reference
(\Vref{A-eq:file1:2})
in main.tex that file
compiles correctly, even tough  the label
  \label{eq:file1:2}
is  file 1.

So the option [A-] takes care of this, now I understand

> Here the files I tried.  I had to comment out \usepackage{equation}
> since I don't have it.

oos
> Best, Arash

> P.S. Can you please change the subject lines to a real new subject, if
> at all?  Things like [solved], [new problem] etc. are rather confusing
> once the stand alone there.  Thanks.

Ok, thanks again for your help

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.