Re: ExecuteMetaData with [ ] instead of { }

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: ExecuteMetaData with [ ] instead of { }
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:43:36 +0200

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> With use-case specific, I meant the numeric scheme of tags you're using
> like this:

> %<*1>
>  text
> %</1>
> ..
> %<*2>
>  text
> %</2>

> I'm not sure if other users of the package go the same route.

Hm well setting labels arbitrary looks a bit odd to me, but you might be right.

So I could add

(defvar catchbetweentags-with-numerical-values nil)

> I don't see any issue to add some generic code to catchbetweentags.el
> which parses the source file and offers them for completion in the
> target file, as described above.  If you want to introduce a custom
> variable for numeric scheme, that would be also Ok.  I'm just saying
> that the code should be usable for all users.

Ok, what would be really good in case some automatic labeling is
preferred to convince reftex to search for these variables, but that is
well beyond me.

> (require 'cl-lib) isn't a big deal, you can replace that one occurrence
> of `incf' (which should be `cl-incf' actually) with (setq foo (1+ foo))
> and you're done.

Ok

> Also note that `next-line' is for interactive use only, in lisp you
> should use `forward-line', check the docstring.

Ok.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.