Re: master 6b5f00bf: Unquote lambdas in font-latex.el & tex-bar.el; add

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: master 6b5f00bf: Unquote lambdas in font-latex.el & tex-bar.el; add some FIXMEs
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:19:02 +0900

Hi Arash,

> After this change, the compiler says:

>   In toplevel form:
>   tex-bar.el:481:34: Warning: reference to free variable
>   `LaTeX-symbols-active-menuitem'

> Is anybody familiar with this code in order to pacify this?

>   git grep LaTeX-symbols-active-menuitem

> doesn't show anything useful.

I think the piece of code which involves this variable is relevant only
when the experimental feature symbol-toolbar:
,----
| ;; Special requirements for the use of experimental symbol-toolbar:
|
| ;; -  Customize `TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons', adding the label
| ;;    `LaTeX-symbols-experimental' at the end.
|
| ;; -  You should have a folder called "symb-pics" with the pics of the
| ;;    symbols (xpm format is a good one), and the *parent* of this
| ;;    folder should be in `load-path'.
|
| [...]
|
| ;; You can get the symbol images on (temporary solution)
| ;;    http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson/symb-pics.tar.gz
`----

Maybe the above tarball symb-pics.tar.gz might have included the
supplementary elisp code to handle `LaTeX-symbols-active-menuitem', but
it is no longer available at that URL.

Can/should we drop the code including `LaTeX-symbols-active-menuitem' as
well as all the code after
;;; Experimental Symbol Toolbar
in tex-bar.el, then?

Regards,