use of non-letters in file names

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: use of non-letters in file names
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 14:11:31 +0100

Hi

In a nutshell, which symbols are «forbidden» to be used as a filename for
auctex? It seems to be #, and %. Am I right? Can this be changed?

Rationale:

For quite some time I am looking for a emacs based «datebase/package» that
allows me to story a short summary of the file content without opening the file
itself. Up to know the only package I found is filetags,
https://github.com/DerBeutlin/filetags.el
that simple allows you to put tags, with delimiters to the file names so that
you could search them with find, locate helm-locate etc.

I played bit with the format of the separators.

    1. I don't want space in my file names, so I set
       (setq filetags-delimiter-between-tags "_")

    2. I want filetags-delimiter-between-filename-and-tags to be

       - Clearly visible

       - Easily to find

       - not in conflict with other programs.

       - So I tried (setq filetags-delimiter-between-filename-and-tags
         "_**_")  not good for searching

       - "_::_" is not very visiable

       - "_##_" is in conflict with the latexviewers when you have
         forward and backward search on in pdf files.

       - "_&&_" seems to be ok but I am not entirely sure about it

Any comments?

Regards

Uwe

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.