Re: how to add a new pdf viewer?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: how to add a new pdf viewer?
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 08:30:34 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

Hi Uwe,

> As for the service
> sudo snap start /snap/evince/current/usr/libexec/evinced
> [sudo] password for oub:
> error: snap "/snap/evince/current/usr/libexec/evinced" not found
>
> And
>
>  sudo snap evinced
>
> error: snap "evinced" not found
>
> I try to search a bit more.

The internet suggests that "snap services" lists all available services.
>From one of your previous mails, I would assume the service is named
org.gnome.evince.Daemon, so something like

  snap start org.gnome.evince.Daemon

seems correct.

Also, I would assume that sudo should not be required given that the
evince demon registers in your DBUS _session_ bus, not the system bus.

Bye,
Tassilo