Re: `LaTeX-verbatim-p' moves point

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: `LaTeX-verbatim-p' moves point
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 15:24:59 +0900

Hi Arash,

> As you can see, the body isn't guarded with (save-excursion ...) so if
> the optional argument POS is given, point is moved permanently.  Is this
> on purpose?

I had the same question once, but my survey didn't get any indicative
material about that.

The log for 921ea2485d9e0ad6387ba891f7a3efc0db98a678 shows that it lacks
`save-excursion' from the beginning. However, it doesn't seem natural to
me that predicate function moves the point.

>  I tend to forget this when I use the function (or
> `TeX-verbatim-p') and wonder why point is moved for some minutes.  Is it
> safe to change this behavior?

I expect so. The only usage of (La)TeX-verbatim-p with explicit argument
is in texmathp.el, where there is guard with `save-excursion'.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine