[SOLVED] (was: reftex-citation is not able to deal with several database

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [SOLVED] (was: reftex-citation is not able to deal with several databases)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 20:25:48 +0100

> I tried the following
> (reftex-get-bibfile-list)
> \bibliographystyle{amsalpha-url}
> \bibliography{mahir.bib,bibgraf.bib}

> And indeed (reftex-get-bibfile-list) only is able to extract the first
> entry, I tried to add the .bib extension or deleting it. It does not
> make a difference.

I forgot to tell that mahir.bib is placed in the local directory I am
working while bibgraf.bib is placed in

 /home/oub/texmf/bibtex/bib

So the solution I found in
https://bug-auctex.gnu.narkive.com/s2Oz8HpC/24-3-1-reftex-fails-to-find-multiple-bib-files-in-bibliography-with-commas

I had to set (setq reftex-use-external-file-finders t)

and everything worked as expected. Maybe one should set this variable to
t per default.

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the
despicable pogroms.