Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:47:05 +0200

>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> 2. It was in my opinion *considerably* slower then the compilation
>> of the master branch: result time make -j8:
>> 69.088u 25.540s 1:20.66 365.2% 0+0k 1040+8448io 0pf+0w

> That's true because I chose to compile each lisp file one by one instead
> all in one call.

Ah, that explains it!

>  That has the benefit of showing warnings for missing
> requires (undefined variables/functions).

As I said, there was a bunch of warnings about undefined functions, for
my emacs version. Do you want me to send them?

>> * Finally:
>>
>> I know I already asked this but can't we have both make processes.

> Which two make processes do you mean?

I mean

    1. Call new process: make elpa

    2. And include the old one from the master branch so that:
       .configure+make+make install works as before.

But I can't judge how much work that would be

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.