Re: [AUCTeX] Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:50:19 +0200

Surendra Singhi <address@hidden> writes:

>   Sometimes, when I try scrolling a TeX file using scroll wheel, if
> there is a section name on top of the screen, the file doesn't
> scroll. I have to scroll using either the scroll bars or cursor.
> This problem doesn't happen always, and it is more easy to reproduce
> when one tries to scroll slowly.
>
> I am using XEmacs 21.4.13 and the pre-release version of Auctex.
>
> Is it a feature or bug?

Clearly a bug, but one of XEmacs, not AUCTeX.  It would probably
happen also if you try scrolling in an info file with large headlines.
[Checking]

Oh, good grief.  The fonts are _so_ ugly with XEmacs info mode that it
is hard to tell anything (this is the editor with the presumed focus
on GUI.  Bah.).  It is hard to judge whether it even tries picking a
larger font for headlines and just fails.

You'd likely see the same problem using preview-latex.

> Has anyone also faced the same problem?
>
> Suggestion: it will be good to have some "About Auctex" sub-menu
> option.

Where?  And what should it do?