Re: [AUCTeX] fill-paragraph and fold mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] fill-paragraph and fold mode
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:00:59 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-11) writes:

> Of course, having AUCTeX color the rest of the document wrong is not
> really a helpful indicator.  Maybe we should instead color just the
> indentation itself in warning face?

That was also what I had in mind.  Similar to what makefile-mode does
with whitespace.

Problem is that, as mentioned before, it is valid to indent the
\begin/\end pair of lstlisting environments which are currently
handled like verbatim environments in AUCTeX.  For such environments
the colorization would be wrong.  So the real fix would be to handle
them differently regarding both indentation and font locking.  But I
am currently a bit reluctant to add yet another case to the code
handling verbatim-like constructs.

If we decide to stick with handling all verbatim-like environments
equally, I don't have a strong opinion on the question of highlighting
whitespace before a \begin/\end pair.  As long as we indent the stuff
to the left margin it is probably not the worst decision to do it.  I
simply was too lazy to add another face today.