Re: [AUCTeX] Re: AuCTeX winXP and XEmacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: AuCTeX winXP and XEmacs
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:58:29 +0200

* Surendra Singhi (2005-10-20) writes:

> AUCTeX is working fine, but it seems there is no preview-latex, do I need to
> do a separate installation?
>
> In the AUCTeX mode when I do:
>
> (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
>
> it gives me an error that there is no preview-latex.el file. I checked in the
> auctex folder too, and it wasn't there.

Yes, that's a bug in the installation routine which was fixed a few
days ago in CVS.  You would have to apply a patch to
`preview/configure.ac' and regenerate `configure'.  But before you do
that it would probably better to wait till I check in the other patch
and download a snapshot from
<URL:http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/>.