Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Extremely slow input
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:32:09 +0100

* Christoph Bier (2005-11-13) writes:

> Ralf Angeli schrieb am 13.11.2005 01:18:
>
>> Hm, I was hoping to see a font-latex function which is closer to the
>> elapsed time of the font-lock function.  But this looks like the
>> font-latex matching functions just add up to the elapsed time of the
>> font-lock function.  The problem could be that the same region is
>> fontified over and over again.  Does it help to disable
>> `font-latex-do-multi-line'?
>
> How I do I do this? My idea `M-x disable-command' was the wrong way
> (there's no such command).

Type `M-x customize-variable RET font-latex-do-multi-line RET', set it
to "Disabled", click "State", click "Save for Future Sessions",
restart Emacs (or type `M-: (font-latex-setup) RET' with the buffer of
your file as the active buffer).

> This morning there was no need for editing the file. From the
> beginning input was slowed down.
>
> Could it be a problem with guillemets? I'm quite sure that before
> upgrading to 11.81 the closing `«' matched the opening `»'. Now,
> typing the opening `»' it gets colored like a closing bracket that
> misses the opening bracket. Typing the closing `«' there's no
> highlighting of the opening one as observed with brackets.

Yes, this could be a cause.

By the way, we could communicate faster if you included me in the list
of recipients (I know, then you cannot use Gmane anymore).  The list
is sometimes slow as molasses.  Currently it's acceptable but during
weekdays a roundtrip from sending the mail to receiving the mail
through the list software can take up to four hours.  But all of that
is course only relevant if you are care about timely answers. (c: