Re: [AUCTeX] Setting PATH under Windows (was: New version ofprecompiled

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Setting PATH under Windows (was: New version ofprecompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsavailable)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:46:26 -0500

From: "Reiner Steib" <address@hidden>

On Mon, Dec 19 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* Adam Johnson (2005-12-18) writes:
1. How to configure the path for GSWIN32C.EXE?

Isn't that explained in the manual of your operating system?

Just kidding, aren't you? ;-)

In case you might want to include something wrt PATH in our
instructions, you may use the HOME entry from the Gnus FAQ
(texi/gnus-faq.texi) as a template:

I didn't know that the environment variable PATH in Windows XP is not enough for setting the paths for Emacs. I need use HOME instead of using PATH, right? Thanks.

,----[ (info "(gnus)[3.2]") ]
| [...]  Then you must set the environment variable HOME to this
| directory.  To do this under Win9x or Me include the line
|
|      SET HOME=C:\myhome
|
| in your autoexec.bat and reboot.  Under NT, 2000 and XP, hit
| Winkey+Pause/Break to enter system options (if it doesn't work, go
| to Control Panel -> System). There you'll find the possibility to
| set environment variables, create a new one with name HOME and value
| C:\myhome, a reboot is not necessary.
`----

Bye, Reiner.