Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] preview-latex on Fedora Core 4
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:32:50 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Alejandro Jakubi (2006-03-14) writes:
>
>> I have to say that I use mainly Windows and I am not very fond of Emacs,
>
> Why?

Can you drag from Emacs with a mouse? Or bind his Lisp in lexical
scope? Can you put Truetype onto his display?  Or grasp his menus with
Alt-F or F10?  Will he make many supplications to you? Will he speak
soft words to you?  Will he make a covenant with you to take him for
your servant forever?  Will you play with him as with a Word?  Or will
you put him on a leash for your maidens?  Will traders bargain over
him? Will they divide him up among the merchants?  Can you fill his
buffers with Hebrew? Or customize his key bindings?  Lay your hand
upon him!  Remember your battle with him; you will not do such again!
Behold, the hope is disappointed; one is cast down even at the sight
of him!

> Extraction of image material is done by the `preview' LaTeX package.
> The editor is then free to do what it wants with this output.

It might need a little coaxing to do that.