Re: [AUCTeX] Specifying the TeX tree

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Specifying the TeX tree
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:47:36 +0100

Olivier Lefevre <address@hidden> writes:

> I read through the manual but I still can't find how to specify the
> TeX tree when using a pre-packaged AUCTeX + emacs installation,
> i.e., presumably compiled with --without-texmf-dir.

You don't.  That's the whole point of the option.  texmf-dir is used
to install preview.sty and friends, and --without-texmf-dir arranges
for preview-latex to work _without_ installing preview.sty into your
TeX tree.

If you still want it installed for some reason (preview-latex will
work without installing it), you can try

M-x preview-install-styles RET

> I went through the options and didn't find anything that looked
> related.
>
> Another annoyance is that I turend off Font Latex Fontify Sectioning
> but it still shows \chapter entries in bold. How do I shut that down?

I guess you need to come up with a bug report including example and
your settings of the fontification options.