Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows

From: nusret
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:48:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I have the same configuration, except I installed in a
directory with no spaces in path (not that it's
necessary, I did it as a caution). Downloaded the
precompiled version and unzipped. There was a problem
with postscript: it assumes 'gs' is your executable,
but it's 'gsview32c.exe'. I customized it within
Xemacs. I also added my ghostscript path to the PATH
environment variable and everything worked fine Also
note that preview is not automatic (at least I don't
yet know how to automate it: but that's normal, I
didn't read the manual :-)). But you can manually
invoke it.

Probably the precompiled version will work, are you
sure that you don't miss a step or two? Just unzip,
add gsview32c.exe path to your PATH environment
variable, and customize Xemacs (or just make a copy of
gsview32c.exe in the same place, but rename it to
gs.exe. Who knows, this may work).

Cheers.