Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:03:52 +0100

Please keep the mailing list copied.  It was good, however, that you
didn't send the screenshot to the mailing list because it would have
been too large for it.  BTW, PNG with a reduced set of colors would be
a better choice than TIFF because the resulting file sizes are much
smaller.

* Thomas A. Schmitz (2006-03-18) writes:

> On Mar 17, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> No error, I assume?  Do you get an additional "Open" button in the
>> tool bar?
>
> Yes, that's right.
>

>> What happens if you evaluate the following statement in a freshly
>> started XEmacs?
>>
>> (progn
>>   (require 'preview)
>>   (require 'prv-xemacs)
>>   (let ((icon (vector (list (preview-filter-specs preview-tb-icon-
>> specs))
>>                       #'preview-at-point t "foo"))
>>         (tb (cdadar (specifier-spec-list default-toolbar 'global))))
>>     (set-specifier default-toolbar (append tb (list icon)) (current-
>> buffer))))
>
> If I do this with auctex 11.82 installed, xemacs freezes solid. The
> error in the minibuffer is the one described in previous mails. I
> can't copy or save the output in the scratch buffer because of the
> crash, but I can try and append a screenshot if this is of any help.

What about the other code I provided?