Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Items in itemize-like environments
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:46:26 +0200

Nikos Apostolakis <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nikos Apostolakis <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> BTW, are there any plans for auctex to ``officially'' support for
>>> more packages?
>>
>> There is no official support for anything.
>
> Well officially was in quotes and support was used in the same sence
> that makes the phrase "AUCTeX supports the ams packages" true.  I
> wanted to know if there were any plans to include more style.el
> files in the distribution.  And that question was answered,
> indirectly but clearly.

We have no plans, as we have no people who could be told to put them
into practice.  We have a todo list.

>> AUCTeX's number of active developers is tiny.  The todo list is
>>growing rather than diminishing.  If you want more packages
>>supported, contribute the support.
>
> How can I do this exactly?  I am not very skilled with emacs lisp or
> programming in general but with Ralf's help I did put together some
> rudimentary support for the exam document class.  If you think that
> it is sufficiently good to be included in AUCTeX I would be happy to
> contribute it.

I'll be sending you the copyright assignment request form: getting an
assignment of the copyright to the FSF done is a prerequisite for
contributions.  If you have questions about the process or its
necessity, feel free to ask.

Since you are asking about further plans, it appears that you have
more styles in mind.  If you want to attempt your hand on them in a
similar way as you did with the exam class, by asking, learning,
writing and discussing, this would certainly be welcome.  If at one
point of time you feel it would be more convenient to directly have
access to the CVS, just ask (the assignment procedure needs to have
completed first).  Other than that, you can post prospective files to
the auctex-devel list.