Re: [AUCTeX] Debian bug #311292 (preview.dtx)

From: Davide G. M. Salvetti
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Debian bug #311292 (preview.dtx)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:21:09 +0200

DK> It was not reported upstream and it would have saved me a bit of
DK> work just recently.

That's a pity, sorry.  It should not happen in the future, as I and
Frank (which does a much better work than me in this respect) try to
always forward Debian auctex bug reports upstream whenever appropriate.

Are you subscribed to the PTS[1]?  You can get a mail copy of every
future Debian bug report for the auctex source package (that is auctex
and preview-latex-style binary packages) if you like.  (You could
subscribe the bug mailing list if you wanted to, though I won't
recommend it, as many reports are not upstream related.)

DK> The analysis is correct and the current fix in preview-latex
DK> consequently has the side effect described in connection with the
DK> `delayed' option.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I'll
DK> fix this for the next release.

Glad to hear this, I'll drop a note to the original submitter.

DK> Anyway, I've seen that AUCTeX 11.83 has already been committed into
DK> unstable.  Awesome!

Thanks, I had been testing CVS snapshots last week, so I was pretty
ready to ship the Debian package at release time.

Footnotes: