[AUCTeX] auctex and emacs on Mac OsX

From: vincent poirriez
Subject: [AUCTeX] auctex and emacs on Mac OsX
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:56:51 +0200

Hello every body

I need some help as I'm switching from linux to Mac Os X, my every day tool is emacs + auctex

I have searched and tried several solutions but I don't find a fully compliant one.

Here is what I use:
(/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs)
GNU Emacs 23.0.0.2 (i386-apple-darwin8.6.1, *Step 9.0-pre3) of 2006-06-13 on jinpym.local

And I download and compile the last version of auctex

Here are my two problems
a) How to write the so used character \
b) when I load auctex-mode, I obtain this:
call-interactively: Autoloading failed to define function auctex-mode