Re: [AUCTeX] Installation of Auctex 11.83

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installation of Auctex 11.83
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:57:10 +0200

Christophe FARGES <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello again,
>
> I now launched the ./configure command using the options given in this
> webpage:
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/vshyeung/preview-latex.html
> and now it seems to work (at least I have the preview menu)...

Well, I got a heart-attack upon reading this, but for a change, this
web site does nothing much except echoing what our recipes recommend.

As to why it did not work before: the automated procedure installed
AUCTeX for Emacs, not XEmacs, as you apparently also have an Emacs
installed on your system.

The webpage added the --with-xemacs option you were missing.