Re: [AUCTeX] Re: labels in align env (amsmath style)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: labels in align env (amsmath style)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:29:49 +0100

Seweryn Kokot <address@hidden> writes:

>> This works without problems here.  Type
>>
>> C-c C-e align RET
>> a = & 3 + 5 M-RET
>> b = & 4 + 6 C-c . C-x C-x

Actually, you should write a &= and b &= instead of =&, or you'll get
bad spacing.

> Here typing M-RET I get \item

Again, parsing needs to be enabled for this to work.

> C-h k "M-RET" gives
> "M-RET (translated from <escape> <return>) runs the command
> LaTeX-insert-item"

> And It seems that amsmath package is visible since when I type C-c C-e
> ali TAB and align is completed.

That happens after you once explicitly completed to align.

> The problem is that I cannot get \label automatically as in equation
> so I cannot reference to these equations.
>
> What is missing? Any idea?

M-x customize-variable RET TeX-parse-self RET

Set to on and save.

It really sounds like you are not parsing the document.  Or maybe your
version of AUCTeX is too old, no idea.  What version was it again?