[AUCTeX] use of AUCTeX with csquotes

From: Peter Horst
Subject: [AUCTeX] use of AUCTeX with csquotes
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 14:53:15 -0600

Sorry, this may be a bit of a dim question: section 4.1 of the manual (I'm still using 11.82) says:

"In case you are using the ‘csquotes’ package, you should customize LaTeX-csquotesopen-
quote, LaTeX-csquotes-close-quote and LaTeX-csquotes-quote-after-quote."

I'm afraid I don't follow - does this mean that it should be possible to program AUCTeX to automatically insert '\enquote' instead of a double-quotemark? I have made various attempts to customize the above-mentioned LaTeX variables, with no success - I don't understand exactly what I am supposed to insert as these variables' new values. Would it be possible to get a simple example of this customization?

Thanks much -