[AUCTeX] Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32

From: Graham Smith
Subject: [AUCTeX] Possibly broken Auctex by installing EmacsW32
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:14:12 +0000

I am absolutely new to this, so please bear with me.

I downloaded the precompiled Emacs+auctex files from the web site today.

And unzipped to an Emacs folder. Then on advice from Lennart, I installed Emacsw32 over the top of this install to give me the added features of EmacsW32.

However, I am having some issues with Auctex and I'm now not sure whether these are auctex issues or issues related to me installing Emacsw32 over the top of the Emacs installation.

Now these issues maybe all to do with me not knowing what I am doing, but equaly some things are not as should seem. For exampe auctex.el and preview-latex.el are not in the site-lisp directory but in a subdirectory site-start.d.

This may be fine, but I am too new to this to know.

So my starting point is to check whether by installing EmacsW32 over the top of emacs+auctex, could I have broken auctex.

Many thanks,

Graham