[AUCTeX] Re: paralist and view command

From: Alain Muls
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: paralist and view command
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:51:01 +0100

On Saturday 13 January 2007 16:14, address@hidden wrote:
> * Alain Muls (2007-01-11) writes:
> > 1. In latex I mostly use the paralist.sty package for the different
> > environments it offers. During the install, I saw a file "paralist.el"
> > and I was pleased it would auto-add it in auctex, so I hoped. But until
> > now I was not able to get the environments show in the auctex menu. How
> > should I proceed to use the paralist.el file?
>
> Could you please send this as a bug report using `M-x
> TeX-submit-bug-report RET'?

I do not know whether it is a bug or a wrong installation. I posted the bug,
hopefully I will get it up. By the way Angeli, do you have an entry for
eg. "compactenum"?

> > 2. I also use rubber to produce a pdf file and was hoping to view the
> > output using either xpdf/evince/kpdf. The problem is that I do not know
> > which customization to perform and I think I will also have a problem
> > that the output must be closed before I can perform a new compilation.
> > Any ideas?
>
> I don't understand that paragraph.  What are you trying to do within
> AUCTeX?  Processing the file with rubber?  Previewing the output with
> a certain viewer?

I want to use the external command "rubber" to process the latex file and have
the pdf generated file previewed by kpdf. I want to launch kpdf from auctex,
without having to close it before I rerun a latex compilation by the external
rubber commend.

Tx/Alain